Complete MEI Training Package: $2,270
This price includes:
- 5 hours of flight instruction in a 310R BearCat
- 5 hours of personalized ground instruction
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Possess a CFI certificate
- At least 10 hours of PIC time on a multi-engine airplane. If you don’t have this time, you can still begin the course and the extra rental time will be added to your package total. 15 hours PIC in a multi-engine aircraft is required to take the checkride.
The package includes everything that is required to get most people through training and ready for the FAA Multi-Engine Instructor checkride – all in one package price. The only things that are not included are test fees which must be paid directly to an FAA authorized testing center or designated examiner.
|Special Package Price:||$2,270|
Customize Your Training!
For most students, the Complete MEI Training Package is the best, easiest, and most affordable way to get your multi-engine instructor rating. However, one size doesn’t fit all! We know everyone has distinctive needs and difficult schedules, so you can train at your own pace. Completion time varies based on how often you train, how quickly you learn, how well you study, etc.
In most cases you can get your Multi-Engine Instructor rating in as few as 3 days, though we advise you to plan for 5 days in case of weather or other delays out of our control.
Why Become a MEI?
Getting your Multi-Engine Instructor rating, or MEI, allows one to teach multi-engine pilot courses. By becoming a MEI, you will be expanding your career opportunities as a pilot while deepening your knowledge and understanding of many topics introduced in multi-engine training while adding a wealth of aeronautical knowledge and experience.
How do I get my MEI Rating?
You must receive and log ground and flight training from an authorized instructor on (1) the aeronautical knowledge areas for the instrument rating applicable to the category for which instrument flight instructor privileges are sought and (2) the areas of operation listed in FAR 61.187(b)(2)
To earn your MEI rating you must complete the following:
- Receive a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor on the areas of operation listed in FAR 61.187(b)(2)
- Have logged at least 15 hours as pilot in command in a multi-engine aircraft
- Pass the required practical test to PTS standards for Flight Instructor Airplane Multiengine